- Download free IntelliJ Community Edition or Ultimate (30-day trial)
- We are using Gradle so Community Version can be good enough for our development but free version doesn’t have support for frameworks like Spring so it could cause problems.
- There is also Google version -> Android Studio, but I don’t think it’s good for Java or Java EE development
- Gradle, Groovy, Maven etc. are supported as a standard, no additional plugins needed
- You may need to add Gradle_Home and Java_Home for gradle: File-> type: “Gradle” in search field and add them
- Here is official tutorial for Eclipse users and below you can find some articles “why IntelliJ is better” etc. Continue reading